Thursday, July 2, 2009

Return to Sofronea

OK, I'll say it -- she's a godsend. Her arrival last Sunday has made all the difference in the world.

Sylva is my translator, which means she bears the brunt of a cultural predisposition to verbosity. So thanks, Sylva.

Yesterday, I made the trek back to Sofronea with Sylva, translator extraordinaire, and Samsung, my new netbook. We visited two households and conducted three interviews -- first with Vasile and Angi, adopted into the same household, and then with Dana, whose family welcomed two abandoned sisters into their home.

Tomorrow is Independence Day. I'm going to go try to buy some fireworks.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .reviewing your posts! forgot you wrote about our great experience. i miss this and hope we.ll do it again! it was unforgettable, fun, exhausting, challenging and hear touching. you.ve rocked the romanian bumpy roads girl!. xo

    ReplyDelete